Tuesday, August 18th
www.zoom.us (see email for meeting id)
VTT is open to all members of Kisatchie Fly Fishers & Acadiana Fly Rodders. Join the meeting at www.zoom.us using meeting ID and password. If you need the ID and password, email Bill Morrison.
For our next session, Jim Johnson will lead us in tying the Rio Bandito. It's also referred to as the Mardi Kraw, although there's another fly of that same name. It was created by Chris Johnson of Living Waters Fly Fishing, for the Rio Grande Perch in the Hill Country waters of Texas. However, it's also been a great fly for bream, crappie and even bass.
- hook: Jig hook - size 12
- bead: tungsten beads - metallic red - size 1/8”
- tail: guard hairs of fur
- body/collar: fur dubbing in a loop (rabbit or squirrel strips), Crawfish Orange
- legs: silicone legs, matching color
* To request a bag of sample materials (ties 2-3 flies) please fill out the form link. We will mail out on Thursday prior to the meeting. Future tying sessions are included. Materials Request Form
- September 1 - 7:00pm - TBA, led by Tyler Wood
- September 15 - 6:00pm - Countach Plus Nymph, led by Catch Cormier