Thursday, February 16, 2023
Pack & Paddle Outpost, 601 E. Pinhook, Lafayette
For this session, Catch Cormier will lead us in tying the "Countach Plus". It's a variation of a stonefly imitation created by Clark "Cheech" Pierce of Fly Fish Food called the Countach Jig Nymph. The story goes that Cheech and his lunch buddies called themselves the Countach Club as their dream was to someday each own a Lamborgini Countach sportster. The original fly was named in honor of the group - and the car.
When Catch first saw this fly, he thought, "add a small marabou tail and this would be a killer smallmouth and creek bass fly". It is... but in addition, it's a great fly for trout, largemouth, redears, and carp!
Catch will provide materials for others to tie along with him. Bring your tools and tying thread.
Materials to be used:
- hook: barbless jig, size 12 (Gamakatsu J20-B, Fulling Mill 5045)
- bead: 1/8" tungsten, black nickel
- legs: grizzly flutter legs, rootbeer (1 strand)
- abdomen: antron dubbing, color Rust or March Brown
- thorax: micro pine squirrel zonker, color Rust
- ribbing: midge diamond braid, color tan or pearl or rootbeer